The AMSEC VD8030BF vault door is one of the most popular US made vault doors in the industry. As time goes on, all collections grow. Not just guns, but personal heirlooms, business and family records, jewelry, computer equipment, sentimental items, cameras, photographs and works of art. Instead of buying three different safes over a lifetime, an AMSEC/American Security VD8030BF vault door can turn your room into a security center. Amsec vault doors are designed for easy installation that retrofits a standard 80″ x 30″ opening or 80″ x 36″ opening. Massive 2″ thick Amsec vault doors offer a defense barrier constructed of ½” outer steel plate filled with a 1⅜” fire insulating material that provides a barrier against extreme heat. Select from four textured finishes (gloss finishes have to be quoted out, to find out about any of American Security’s gloss finishes on your vault door please contact us). AMSEC VD8030BF vault door offers elegant scroll work and pinstripes accompanied by the renowned American Security logo. A spy-proof key locking dial with decorative 5-point handle is standard. With ten massive 1½” thick bolts, you can rest assured that your valuables are protected. Think about it, Amsec vault doors are an easy way to turn a room into a vault room. In order to make a room into a vault room, you have to take more into account than just installing a vault door. The room must have fire protection and steel installed to secure the room from both fire and burglary. There are a number of ways to accomplish this task, from the relatively inexpensive to a custom vault room that is complete with custom cabinetry. The Amsec vault doors can be made with an in-swing door (great for storm shelter applications) or the more traditional out – swing door. Some vault doors are actually installed and then covered up by an outer residential door, book case or sliding/swinging shelving units. This adds another layer of protection, as the door is now hidden from anyone that does not know that the vault room is there. Are you looking to build a bomb shelter/storm shelter? West Coast Safes offers inward swing doors for a basement installation when hurricanes, tornadoes or other disasters could block the opening of the door during a storm. Make sure to specify in-swing when you place your order. If you are worried about being locked inside, there is an internal opening handle on the door in case of emergency. Talk to one of our safe specialists or read “What is the Best Safe For Me?“. West Coast Safes also offers professional and discreet delivery and installation of your new safe. You can visit our vault room page, fill out the online form, to inquire about building a vault room to your specifications.
AMSEC VD8030BF vault door Features:
- U.L. Listed Group II Lock with massive hard plate and two relocking devices.
- Spy-proof key-locking dial with matching five-spoke handle, pull handle and bold zinc die-cast logo. Available in polished brass, chrome or black nickel finish.
- 10 massive 1-1/2″ chrome-plated bolts. (Note: no deadbolts required on In-Swing door).
- Select from four textured finishes (Sandstone, Granite, Black or Chocolate Brown).
- Commercial grade, Vault Door hinges.
- 2 Stage Dual fire seals with silicone seal on door jamb and expandable Palusol seal on the door.
- Not available as a pour-in frame.
- Inside Safety Lock Release: allows you to safely exit the vault room from the inside. It also allows you to close and lock the door from the inside when equipped with an electronic lock, turning your vault into a safe room or panic room.
- 2″ thick door offers a defense barrier constructed of a 1/2″ steel plate door combined with 1-3/8″ DryLight insulation that provides a barrier against extreme heat.
- Adjustable door frame slides together to fit a wall thickness of 4¾” to 9¾”
- Minimum rough opening required: 79½”H x 29½”W
- Outside: 83⅛”H x 36½”W
- Door opening: 77½”H x 24½”W
- In-Swing: 77½” H x 19-5/16″ W
- Weight: 695 lbs. – Shipping Weight 850 lbs
AMSEC VD8030BF vault door Installation:
The VD8030BF is also about the easiest vault door in the industry to install. Once the door is in the room where the door is to be installed, you just simply tilt the outer door jamb into the opening from the outside and tilt the inner door jamb into the rough opening on the inside. With the two jambs together, wood clamps will hold the two pieces together so that they can be bolted together to make one complete jamb, from the outside to the inside of the door. American Security vault doors model VD8030BF has a completely finished look on both the inside and outside jambs, making for an elegant look when installed.
- VD8030BF Vault Door In-Swing Installation Instructions
- VD8030BF Vault Door Out-Swing Installation Instructions
AMSEC VD8030BF color options:
The look of the AMSEC VD8030BF vault door is a fire and burglary resistant vault door and is totally customizable. You can choose from 4 different textured color options (Sandstone, Textured Black, Granite or Chocolate Brown). Black Nickel (black chrome) hardware is a nice choice with any of these colors and if you are using the standard combination dial lock the contrast of white numbers against the black chrome makes it easy to see the numbers as you operate your combo dial lock. You can also choose the hardware color brass or chrome. Along with the 5-spoke handle you can also choose left or right hand swing and in-swing or out-swing.
The AMSEC (American Security vault doors) model VD8030BF vault door is a great US made product, manufactured in Fontana, CA.